Monday, October 5, 2009

Anticipation is building...

Tomorrow (Tuesday Kona time) marks the start of Ironman week.

Registration starts in the morning, and goes through until Thursday afternoon. More importantly for some, Ironman merchandise is on sale. They do it big here, and you can buy every conceivable bit of clothing with Ironman, or the M-dot symbol, plastered all over it.

I'm not that much into it really, the finishers' T-shirt is all I'm really after. I'll get some photos of what is available tomorrow. Mind you, Teresa has mentioned that my jocks are getting a bit tattered...

More importantly for me, we have the NZ team get together at 10am. I'm looking forward to catching up with some of those that I know, but haven't run into yet. At 5pm there is also the parade of nations, which I think I've already mentioned. I'm hoping to get some good images there.

In the meantime, here's a good little youtube clip to stir the imagination, its a highlight clip from last years race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckFvoGRPiCU&feature=related



No comments:

Post a Comment