Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rest and recreation...

Well, I just didn't get near to the internet the whole week, from Monday morning when we left Kona, through until tonight, home in NZ. Probably a good thing, as Teresa and I just took the opportunity to unwind and enjoy some time together.

We spent our time based out of Waikiki, which proved a good escape from the all-encompassing atmosphere we experienced in Kona. The highlight just has to be Tuesday, when we hired a car and drove around Ohau. We checked out the famous surf spots, Sunset Beach, the Banzai Pipeline (above), Waimea, and so on. Surf, sand and sun, but too chicken to take on the BIG waves which apparently were actually only babies.

Tomorrow will be the the big kahuna wrap up. I'm pretty shagged tonight as we flew through last night and I didn't really get much shut-eye. One more night to compose my thoughts, and I can put this little journey (and blog) to bed. Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment