Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The count down has started...

Well the count down is on. There are two more days before I fly out on Saturday morning, and of course there are a myriad of things that I need to do before I go. I've got to replace an arm rest on my aero bars (which broke 100km into my 200km ride last Saturday, bummer!), I've decided that I really do need to replace the cleats on my cycle shoes, and of course I need to get my head around all the bits and pieces that I need to take with me.

About the blog - friends, colleagues and family can't all come along for the Kona adventure, but I can certainly share a bit of what its all about; why I'm on this journey, and even an insider's view of what its like to be a small fish in a big pool of very talented athletes.

So, you're invited to come along for the ride. Let me know what you think; ask any questions you have and perhaps above all else, start thinking about what your own next personal challenge might be.


2 comments:

  1. Good on you Rob.
    I hope the planets align on race day to produce your most enjoyable and rewarding race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gday Rob, Good luck at Kona, I'll be following your progress along with the other Kiwis on the day. Hope to see you there next year..

    ReplyDelete