Monday, September 28, 2009

Technology

It was going so well (the wireless internet connection where I'm staying) but it ain't working at the moment. I'm sitting in the 'Beach Dog' cafe in downtown Kona at one of their internet terminals, sipping away at an iced latte (if I had a hot one I think I'd expire). I've just emailed the owner of where I'm staying asking him if he can sort out the wifi - the signal has been very weak from yesterday morning, so I was unable to post anything until now.

I had a great ride yesterday, biking the first half of the course from Kona out to Waikaloa and back. There is a bit of a loop one does in Kona first, but all up its about 90km. I started around 0830, so a similar time to when I'll actually be doing it. It was windy all the way; mostly a cross wind (on-shore), but it was neither good nor bad on balance.

It was certainly hot, and I was a bit worried that my four bottles of drink wasn't enough. There was a big difference in how it felt depending on whether the sun was masked by cloud. Even with SPF 50 sunblock on, there are tan lines today.

Rightio, off for a pool swim (easier to do intervals), and a 50 min run later today.

No photos/vids until the home connection is re-established.

Thanks to everyone posting comments - its appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment